BLOG BACKGROUND

Saturday, September 24, 2011

** Fall Wreath **

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a long time since I last "blogged" anything. I have gotten lazy... I haven't gotten lazy from crafting, though! Never that! Just from blogging...

I wanted to share with you all a recent project I made. One of my "besties" has just moved into a new house, and I wanted to make her a housewarming gift. I came up with a wreath as the basis for the gift; and with it being full-on Fall and all, I decided to go with these fall colors. I think my wreath came out great!


Isn't is beautiful?!? Maybe I'm tootin' my horn here, but I think this is pretty cool! :)
This was the first project of it's kind that I have attempted so far; I did it all in one shot (took me 5 straight hours!) and all from scratch. Another interesting tidbit- I used a crochet hoop for the actual foundation. Worked really well!

I have only recently been introduced to "rosettes" or "accordion medallions". Thats what these main circular pieces are called around the net. I just love how these have such a simple look with such a bangin' impact. I added some sprays of glittered leaves and mulberries to top off the Fall look.


Here's a picture of it in front of a white background for better viewing:


I can't claim this wreath to be exclusively Fall- inspired, though. From right down to the green and red glittered buttons, to the green and red pattered-paper smaller rosettes, this wreath could most certainly pass for Winter / Christmas decor.

Now, you know I couldn't just leave this project in limbo without linking it up to a few challenges, right?! :)
These are the challenges I entered this project into:

More Than Favors - Create a Fall project
The Paper Variety - Create a home decor project
Crafts 4 Eternity - Autumn-Inspired project
Crazy 4 Challenges - Fall project


Well, I hope that you all enjoyed this and have gained some crafting inspiration from it.

Thanks for checking it out!

8 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOOOOVE this wreath!!! I know your friend will enjoy it. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Cutz Challenge!

    ~Ashley
    PCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being spotlighted this week at The Paper Variety. Thanks for linking up your project....we hope you will do so again soon. You are very talented....those rosettes ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a super creative way to display your flower making prowess. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wows its absolutely amazing, might have to lift this idea lol. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, yes it is gorgeous, and it's worth tooting your own horn, it's beautiful :) Congrats on being spotlighted this week at TPV, well deserved :)Thanks for joining in the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is just beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your project with us at Paper Cutz Challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete