BLOG BACKGROUND

Thursday, March 17, 2011

** Masculine Card **

Hi, everyone,

I participated in another challenge. This time over at Incy Wincy Designs. The challenge was to create a project "Just For The Boys". This one was an added challenge for me, because as I have mentioned before, masculine cards are not my strong suit.

My brother-in-law Darren's birthday is coming up, so I thought this was a good challenge to participate in this week. Darren likes to fish and I thought this digi-stamp was the perfect fit for a card for him.




The base of this card was cut at 4" x 6"
The 1st layer (patterned paper) was cut at 3" 3/4 x 5" 3/4
The 2nd layer (digi-stamp) was cut at 3" 1/4 x 5" 1/2

I inked all the edges with a medium brown ink.

I colored the digi-stamp using basic colored pencils. And I'm really please with how my blending of the colors on the fish turned out. I think it's so pretty, and smooth. Though I think that the picture might not be doing it justice :)

I also like how my base paper was two-sided, thus giving the inside a really zingy look with all the stripes. Believe it or not, this paper was from a christmas themed paper stack!

The inside sentiment, "Fishing you a Happy Birthday", was just typed out in Microsoft Word and printed out onto white cardstock.

Hope you all enjoyed this one :)

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. great card! thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete