BLOG BACKGROUND

Thursday, March 17, 2011

** Clean & Simple **

Hi everyone,

I am participating in another challenge. This time it's the "Clean & Simple" challenge over at One Stop Craft Challenge. The challenge was very straight-forward: make a project that is clean & simple. I interpreted that to mean a card with not too many contrasting colors, or too many embellishments. Anyone who has seen my work lately knows that this must have been really hard for me! :)

I took this "clean & simple" opportunity to make a birthday card for my cousin, Josh. His hobby as a DJ is what inspired me to use the headphones digi-stamp. This particular challenge was even harder for me since I am not too great in the masculine-cards department. I always have a block to work through on just how to design a card for a man. I'm getting more confident though.





The base of this card was cut at 5" x 5".

There are 3 layers to the front of this card:
The 1st layer was cut at 4" 3/4 x 4" 3/4.
The 2nd layer was cut at 4" 1/4 x 4"1/4
The 3rd layer (the digi-stamp) was cut at 4" x 4"

I corner-punched all the corners.

I used a silver ink to ink the edges of the navy blue layer (layer 2) on the front.
And a navy blue ink to ink the edges of all the grey paper layers (front & inside).

The headphones were colored in using basic colored pencils.

The inside was fun to put together because I didn't have an actual stamp for that. I just typed out "Happy Birthday" in a font called "computer" from the Microsoft Word program. And then I printed it out onto white cardstock. I thought the look of this font was so fitting for this card.


Well I hope Josh likes it, and I hope you all enjoyed it too.


Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment